Is Hangkai a reliable outboard motor? This review of the Hangkai outboard motor will help you decide if the motor is worth buying.
You need a motor for your dinghy – an outboard motor that can reliably get you to shore, help you provision, and take you to the reef for a day of snorkeling.
But you don’t want to break the bank with a $3000 brand name – Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, etc.
That’s where the Chinese outboard motors come in. In this review, we share 4 options that are worth considering.
The Hangkai motor in this video doesn’t represent all of the Hangkai outboard motor brand. There are updated motors that look like “regular” motors – not just a weed eater lawncare motor.
Hangkai Two Stroke Motors
Two-stroke motors are known for their reliability, lightweight, and longevity. They’re also known to be noisy and consume more fuel than their 4-stroke counterparts.
Hangkai offers several two-stroke motors worth considering: the 6hp and the 18hp Hangkai motors both of which are available from Amazon:
Let’s talk about a few items to consider when shopping Hangkai two-stroke motors.
|Purchased through Amazon with quick turnaround||Lack the support of purchasing through a local distributor|
|Affordable||Limited user reviews|
|Two-stroke design is simple to repair||Unknown brand|
|Two-stroke is rugged and easy to manufacture||Negative reviews|
So there’s a bit of risk in buying a Hangkai. It’s the risk of the unknown. Is the brand trustworthy? Will it last the course of a decade like a Yamaha, a Honda, or a Suzuki?
But then, the motors are so affordable, that you’re not risking as much as if you spent $2000 or $3000.
Hangkai 18hp Outboard 2-Stroke Motor
If you search Amazon, or if you Google it, you might have a hard time finding the Hangkai 18hp Outboard Motor. So here are two links that can work for you:
Description of the Hangkai 18hp – Warning, the grammar in these descriptions is poor and is original from the seller. Hangkai does
- Water cooling technology to improve the reliability of the whole machine.
- Easy-to-wear parts are standard parts of gasoline engines, all over the sale.
- But very cheap, and the company is also very spare parts.
Did you see that?
The description provided for the Hangkai 18hp motor said, “…very cheap, the company is also very spare parts.”
What do you think?
About Hangkai Outboard Motors
Hangkai is a Chinese manufacturer of outboard motors. They were founded in 2004 and are headquartered in Zhejiang Province, China. Hangkai outboard motors are known for their affordable price and good quality. They offer a wide range of models, from 2-stroke to 4-stroke, and from 2 horsepower to 30 horsepower. Hangkai outboard motors are popular with both recreational and commercial users.
Here are some of the features of Hangkai outboard motors:
- Affordable: Hangkai outboard motors are very affordable, making them a great option for budget-minded boaters.
- Good quality: Hangkai outboard motors are made with high-quality materials and construction, which makes them durable and long-lasting.
- Wide range of models: Hangkai offers a wide range of models, from 2-stroke to 4-stroke, and from 2 horsepower to 30 horsepower. This makes it easy to find the perfect motor for your boat and your needs.
- Popular with both recreational and commercial users: Hangkai outboard motors are popular with both recreational and commercial users. This is a testament to the quality and performance of these motors.
Opinions on These Motors
Our opinion is if you are looking for an affordable, good-quality outboard motor, Hangkai is a worthy option to consider. They offer a wide range of models to choose from, and their motors are popular with both recreational and commercial users.
Reviews from Amazon
“…the motor has been running fine, although I’m still in the 10-hour break-in period before full throttle should be used.” -18hp version Beware the Throttle Sticker Might Be Reversed
“…So after being out on the water several times I gave the review another Star ..because I’m impressed with this little motor. Its been super reliable, very fuel efficient and the overall quality of the build is good.” -6.5hp Good But Bumpy Ride
What’s your opinion?
Is the Hangkai outboard motor worth buying? Is Hangkai a good value or a cheap risk? Leave us your thoughts in the discussion below.